Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A little bit of Golden Sunshine


This piece lifts my spirits. It's a warmer color palate for me - a departure from the my obsession with blues and greens - those deep forest colors i've been using for quite a while. I added gold leaf to embellish her hair. I have a feeling I'll be using alot more of gold leaf. Something about how it catches the light, pops off the surface, makes things look so precious. I can't help but think of Klimt when I layer on that lovely stuff. Sunshine is the color of honey, softer and sweeter, looking to the future with a hopeful expression.

This piece is at the Wonderful World Art Gallery in Culver City, and measures 12"x12". I'll have more work on display there over the next few months so I'll keep you posted.

Also, I'm working hard to make my prints available. I have HUNDREDS of paintings that I've painted (and sold!). Luckily I've been pretty diligent in archiving these pieces! I'm starting to post them on my etsy shoppe. Right now theres only a few pieces, including new original work and prints (including a print of this piece) for only $20. They are web exclusive! Spread the word!

Many of you already have prints of mine, and I'm so grateful and appreciative of your support in my work! So just to say thanks - Send me an email if you have a print of mine - and I'll send you a discount code for 20% off anything in the shop - along with a FREE mini print. It's my way of saying THANKS!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

I absolutely love this new piece. It is so full of warmth. Your art always inspires me and brightens my days. I am so happy you have an Etsy shop now too, I will be purchasing this print as soon as it goes up!!

Daisy Church said...

gorgeous! love this one as well- i really like the little bit of gold on the sun in the corner too.. lovely! : D

catboxartstudio said...

This new piece is so pretty, very different but still in your style-I love it! How exciting that you now have an Etsy shop which no doubt will be successful. I hope to see this one in your shop!