Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Paintings Come and Go...


Someone asked me the other day if I found it hard to part with my paintings still. Yes - and - No. For me a piece is never truly finished until it finds the right person. Whether it be someone stumbling into a gallery, one of my open studios, a friend that catches it in the making, or my mom not letting it leave the studio - i always feel that the circle of creation has been completed once it finds it's rightful owner. I do feel a bit rushed in with the art-making process these days. And, I do like to have my fresh and new pieces around me for a while. It's nice to just make friends with them for a few days! This is one of those pieces that comes out of my hands, gets framed, and is off to the gallery - then to a client faster than I can even document it! All I have is a snapshot of the piece... I'm going to have to track this baby down.

Oh, and if you have any of my work in your home, can you send me a picture of it hanging in place? I'm putting together a collection of photos of my art in clients places. You can email them to me at cjmetzger@cjmetzger.com. thanks!

No comments: